View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etech View Post
Hi
I bought my Kobo Touch from Borders in August. It definitely did not work well, could not side load all my ebooks & etc, it was a big disappointment. But it was usable.
I decided to continue using my old reader(Astek) while waiting for kobo to get their firmware in order.
About a month back when i connected to my desktop, it updated the firmware through the Kobo desktop. Immediately after that, all it ever shows me is that stupid smiley face & those moving bars at the bottom. I have tried the reset button behind, letting battery drain, recharging the battery, but notting works. It won't even connect to the desktop now.
Anybody out there, has any idea, what to do. I'm in Cambodia, so returning it would definitely be difficult.

Thanks
I think you should do a Hard reset, this will delete everything on your Kobo including side-loaded content and revert the firmware back to what it came with and you might have to set it up again with the desktop app but I'm not sure.

You can do a hard reset by holding the power slider and the home button down for I believe 10 seconds but it might be 15. It should go to a processing screen.

What were your problems with side-loading?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote