View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #35
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I can see somewhat of an application if it's a textbook and say if it is math and you want to go back and forth..I'm just not exactly sure how that would work here.

I think kindle is improving things and there is still a way to go. The number of font sizes is one thing and I think that there will be an outright font selection.

Maybe a future os could make it so that it divides a page up but I'm not sure how much that would affect the time to read the book. ...way back in the day I had a cybiko that tried to do ebooks...it simply flashed a word a second and expect you to read it..didn't work well.

I guess simply formatting the text to be two pages could be ok but it would be dividing current pages up. Technically you can have columns if you read pdf's..

Dividing 1 page into 2 pages would be horrible.

I just want to display both pages of a book as shown by ybook software for pc.

I don't understand why the luddite elements here want to deprive those do want to display 2 pages.

I mean if you want it, fine.But let us have what we want and you can do what you like.

Also many people here cannot understand that turning pages requires energy.Battery life is partially proportional to page turns.

4 weeks with wi-fi off and 10 days with wi-fi on.

it could be more like 6 weeks with wi-fi off and maybe 14 days with wi-fi on if books were only read as 2 pages on the screen at the same time.

I urge 2 page advocates to email amazon as above as I did and mention the battery power saving that would result as well..
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote