View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #28
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Of course, they are two differants format. If the b&n app can read drm ePub , it should be able to read drm-free ePub.
You are assuming something about software.

Software can be created to do anything the programmer makes it do. There is no gurantee that a word processor will support upper case letters, if a programmer does not want it to. Being a (competent) programmer is a lot like playing God: you can do anything you want. There are not many rules.

The thing that drives me crazy is when someone says "If I need a seperate program to ... something ... THEN IT'S USELESS!!! (You did not say this, but that others have said it.) If someone refuses to adopt ebooks because their one hardware reader needs different programs to read different books. I agree that it's annoying, but I disagree that it makes the reader "USELESS!!!"

Andy
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote