View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
WiFi really does not use much power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riyaraj View Post
1. Turn the WiFi feature off - Whenever you are not using Wireless network or the Amazon kindle Cloud, switch the WiFi feature off to preserve battery power. You can turn off WiFi by tapping the settings bar at the top of the device. Select WiFi and then select the off option.
Using the GSam Battery Monitor for my Kindle Fire HD 7" 32 Gb unit, over 23 hours and 11 minutes of my current charge cycle the Screen was active 3 hours and 36 minutes and used 64.2% of my power while WiFi was active the full 23 hours and 11 minutes and only used 7.7% of my power.

Held Awake apps were active 25 minutes and used 5.6% of power. System apps used 16% of power.

My Bible app used 1% and my Kindle Reading app used 1%.

Thus, WiFi really uses very little power even if it is always active. Keeping the Screen on uses the vast majority of power.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote