View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #21
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Please tell us more. Do you feel that it useable or us it more of a trinket? Do you need to spend a lot of time on it to have settings the way you like?
Fellow Pebble owner here...

For all practical purposes, I live in a cave, so I don't have a smartphone. Instead, my Pebble's paired with my iPad mini. Thus, I don't get notifications on it when I'm out and about (no wi-fi), but that aspect works just fine at home. What I like most is the ability to load up to eight custom watchfaces - in addition to the three that are part of the firmware - and switch between them at will.

This came in handy when I was at a convention last month and could let people scan my watch instead of taking a business card. (I built a one-off face that's just my name, the time, and a QR code that links to my online bio.)

As for reading on it...um, no. It's a 144-pixel (square) screen, straight black and white (no grayscale), and it's got a glossy finish. Not ideal for reading anything much longer than a tweet...and that assumes you find a way to load a book onto the thing. It just doesn't have the memory for it.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote