View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #375
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by alban View Post
Thanks twobob.
Yep the K3 root-filesystem should take hours with Kubrick but it says it's done after a minute! But it's not as the Kindle won't reboot. Also takes an age to detect it before this. Nothing on the KK screen at any point.
After trying Kubrick I tried doing the manual noob debrick a la the Kindle wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk
D/Led the right files (i.e. for K 3.4) and followed right procedures but got a 'device not found on usb' error message from ATK despite trying different ports/cables and knowing they work with other devices (also Windows itself sees something it calls a 'Ringo something or other'! when I connect the KK to usb - but can't install it).
New battery also won't charge properly - orange light just goes off after variable period.
I'll look up the K3flasher prog.
PS K3Flasher seems to be only for Linux - I have XP....
Duh...
You also have Kubrick - which is a memory resident version of Linux.
It **can** be used from the command line.
It **probably does have** K3flasher already included.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote