View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Elomboko
Elomboko began at the beginning.

Device: none
What's the best if in Europe?

So I'll be getting one next month, from the US. I'm currently trying to decide where to go, which is admiteddly quite hard. I don't particularily want to go with the Kindle because of my distaste for Amazon (plus the much higher price), however if that's the only feasible option I'll go there.

Since I live and intend to stay in Europe, I'd like something that works best in Europe. Things I'm looking for is stable sideloading (so I can get books in my language), a touchscreen (preferably with physical buttons for switching) and the possibility to buy the books from the in-built store.

I've looked at the Nook, and I'm quite interested in it - it looks comfortable, has physical buttons and also there's the backlight version. However, from what I've read - lack of features in Europe, the screen is easily scratchable and it forgets your entire side-loaded collection on a reboot. This make me quite doubt whether I'd like to go with that - what features does it lack in EU and are the other issues realy?

Another possibility is the Paperwhite Kindle. I quite like the higher resolution of it. However, it has got no physical buttons, and a much higher price point.

What other options are available that are *good*? I've heard quite bad things about Kobo's screen, and I've no idea about the rest.
Elomboko is offline   Reply With Quote