View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo jo View Post
Hi Kovid. Thanks for this software and all the work done togheter with contributors.
Now Calibre works for me.
I've tried to shoot down many "anti-something" software, one by one and togheter, but nothing solved.
Fortunatelly someone called me away from PC during the test and, when I returned, Calibre was responsive. Every launch takes about 4 mitutes. This launch time was unespected because Calibre starts immediately in Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit (Friend's PC).
Hardware not so bad: Intel core 2 T5500 (1,66 Ghz), nVidia Geforce GO 7600, 3 GB RAM.
Thanks again to all : )
Those indications are typical for:
1) Aggressive antivirus, which you disabled in your tests.
2) Using a Networked drive (and one with poor throughput)
3) failing hardware (drive or other data bus component, cooling:calibre can be CPU intensive at times)
4)a really messed up PATH variable (I found multiple repeated folders in mine. Type (in a command prompt): Set path to see yours. You may have a non-existent folder listed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote