View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worried Me View Post
I have purchased a Kindle Global and like it very much. When charging the battery I don't know what the message on the screen that says " If you want to use your Kindle and continue charging please eject from your computer. "
This just means that if you want to read your books while charging, then you have to use the 'safely remove hardware' utility on your PC. It is a little grey icon on the bottom of the screen on the right, next to other icons like your internet connection, and other open programmes -it has a green arrow pointing downwards. Right click and your kindle will show (as a USB storage) and you simply need to 'stop' it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worried Me View Post
It also tells you [ when you read the Kindle info on the machine itself ] also to eject after you have finished from the section on your computer where the Kindle file is ..
Same thing. Eject does not mean to pull the cable out, it means you need to use the 'safely remove hardware' tool as outlined above. Then you can remove the cable safely.

Another thing you could do is power down the computer to standby and then remove the cable, at least, I think it is ok to do that.

Last edited by Pushka; 01-17-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote