View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I find the K4 easier to use with my Kindle Basic in a Marware cover. But, I'm only 70. Personally, I wish the page advance/page back buttons were contrasting colors so I could see them better.
Mom has that problem. This is how I fixed it.

Go to Walmart into the fabric/crafts department and find where they have the "white" marker pencils. The one I got says "Painters" Opaque Paint Marker and is made by Elmers.
Two things about using it. Shake it up good, and then if not flowing right push the pointer in some. It is made to do that to break up any little drying. Also of course put the cap on good when you finish.

I have put a white "V" by the two vol buttons and a "C" by the two channel buttons on her TV remote.
I also marked her phones for "cut on, cut off" and "volume."

On the Kindle K3 at least you can enlarge the arrow signs on the buttons or you can put a bigger arrow on the bezel. The white marker shows up great.

I liked the marker so good that I got one to mark a few things for myself that were hard to distinguish in very bad light. No matter how good your eyes are when it is dark, it is dark. Also you might not know that even if you have 20/20 eyes in daylight, that as you get older your eyes don't see as well at night. At least not as well as when you are young.

Hope this helps.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote