View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
taz0k
ebook reader virgin
taz0k began at the beginning.

Frozen, unbricking reset won't even work

I was reading some yesterday with my "newly" bought and fully charged reader (3 weeks old and re-charged 2 days ago), when suddenly the screen froze, i.e. I couldn't turn page.

I then tried to shutdown the reader, but I didn't have ANY effect at all, the screen was still the same, it was not possible to shut down the device.

So I did a soft reset and I get to the "starting up" screen, but it got stuck on it.

After this point, nothing has any effect on the reader at all. I can't shut it down (the starting up screen is always shown no matter what).

I try soft resets with and without power cord. I try hard resets and unbricking resets with and without the power cord. Still no effect at all. Also I have no cards inserted. And nothing happends if I insert the USB cable.

The only sign of "life" is the power LED blinking orange after pressing the power on/off button, which stops after pressing reset. And also the the red light as the reader charges.

I've not been messing with software, and I have the latest firmware.

For those of you who have managed doing a unbricking reset, how crucial is the timing, and number of times you do the reset/power-switch cycle? In the best of world it is only me not having the right "skill" to do the unbricking reset right?

Any ideas/tips?

*sighs* My reader would have been a great companion, IF it worked.

Last edited by taz0k; 06-02-2007 at 10:19 AM.
taz0k is offline   Reply With Quote