View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 11:34 PM   #376
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by descartes View Post
This prompts another silly question: I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you used the word "connect", e.g., "That way it is updated each time you connect."
I meant connect to the PC and run calibre.
Quote:
I know I have to connect the kobo to the computer to charge it; however, I wasn't planning on installing the desktop software or activating the wifi. With the books on the sd card, I guess I presumed that if I ever took the card out to add/delete books, the kobo would make the updates to the shelves and series once the card was reinserted....maybe not?
You can put books onto the SD card and the device will process them into the library when you put the card back into it. But, that is all it does. The shelves are created by calibre when the device is connected. It updates the database on the device to create the shelves.

Last edited by davidfor; 05-04-2014 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Fixed quoting.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote