View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
That seem to be the case, as far as my fast tests are good.

It is a pity because nobody here has tested the epub (yours and mine) with other ereaders than the Kobo & Sony, but we can assumed without too much risk that the Kobo is the culprit for now (btw with so many firmware updates, they are going to get rid of some old bugs one day ).
Until Kobo gets rid of the embedded font bug, I cannot recommend a Kobo reader to anyone. That's the bug that ignores font-family when it's in the Body CSS style. That means that a lot of eBooks with embedded fonts won't properly display the embedded font because the most common way to specify the main embedded font is via the Body CSS style.

But, as far as the other bugs, it seems that they fix some bugs and introduce new bugs with the firmware updates. I would find it too frustrating and either buy a different reader or go back to paper.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote