View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #175
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
I've got it working fine bar 1 problem - when I click on a "Term", I get something like in the attached screenshot:

"Characters" work fine, it's just "Terms" that exhibit this problem.

Also, how do I use the "aliases" and "chapters" files?
That sort of situation happens when a term wasn't found in the book. In that example there, it looks like there was no description for it on Shelfari either.
If the term actually shows up in the book but slightly different than Shelfari has it listed, that's where the aliases come in.
The alias file for the book is saved to the /ext/ folder. The character name goes first, followed by a pipe character, then a comma-delimited list of aliases. Here is an example:
Code:
Eddard \"Ned\" Stark|Eddard,Ned
Catelyn Stark|Catelyn
Jon Snow|Jon
Robb Stark|Robb
Sansa Stark|Sansa
Arya Stark|Arya
Bran Stark|Bran
They are parsed left to right, so the simplest ones should be farthest right.
An example:
Code:
Captain Holly Short|Captain Short,Holly Short,Holly
If "Holly" was the first alias, then it would always be matched before "Holly Short".

Chapters are similar. If the chapters were found properly (should always work if the book was put through Calibre), they will be exported to the /ext/ folder as well.
Each chapter line is "Name|start|end" where start and end are the book locs.
If the table of contents was built by Calibre, I normally go in and delete the Cover, Acknowledgements, Copyright, etc chapters.

If you use -r on the command line, the rawml will be saved to the output folder, so you can open it and search for terms to help build the alias list.
I use Notepad++ to help find the locs for chapters if I'm building them manually.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 03-05-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote