View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #170
loneraven
loneraven can extract oil from cheeseloneraven can extract oil from cheeseloneraven can extract oil from cheeseloneraven can extract oil from cheeseloneraven can extract oil from cheeseloneraven can extract oil from cheeseloneraven can extract oil from cheeseloneraven can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you for your hard work on this project.

One problem I have encountered is with eBooks that contain special HTML formatting on some of the words. Below is an excerpt from one of the books I tried to process.

Something went wrong while searching for start of highlight.
Was looking for (or one of the aliases of): The Iron Throne
Searching in: "My throne? You mean, the <i>Iron</i> Throne?" The girl was more confused than ever. "He never stole that, Tommen is . . ."

Scanning book content: 93.9%
Was looking for (or one of the aliases of): The Honor of Oldtown
Searching in: They reached Oldtown on a cold damp morning, when the fog was so thick that the beacon of the Hightower was the only part of the city to be seen. A boom stretched across the harbor, linking two dozen rotted hulks. Just behind it stood a line of warships, anchored by three big dromonds and Lord Hightower's towering four-decked banner ship, the <i>Honor of Oldtown.</i> Once again the <i>Cinnamon Wind</i> had to submit to inspection. This time it was Lord Leyton's son Gunthor who came aboard, in a cloth-of-silver cloak and a suit of grey ename led scales. Ser Gunthor had studied at the Citadel for several years and spoke the Summer Tongue, so he and Qurulu Mo adjourned to the captain's cabin for a privy conference.

Scanning book content: 96.3%
Was looking for (or one of the aliases of): Ice
Searching in: A S<font size="1">ONG OF</font> I<font size="1">CE AND</font> F<font size="1">IRE</font>

As you can see, it looks like any time there are any special HTML characters in the text being searched, the application throws an error message.
loneraven is offline   Reply With Quote