Thread: Touch Downgrading to 1.9.4
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by actiss View Post
I would like to downgrade my firmware from 1.9.5 to 1.9.4 due to the italics bug. Unfortunately I do not have a copy of 1.9.4. Is there a way to download this software manually?

I've heard that the upcoming 1.9.6 firmware fixes the issue but I am getting impatient...
Downgrading to version 1.9.4 is a fairly drastic step since it involves a factory reset which means you will lose all of your side-loaded content as well as the 1.9.5 new font and text formatting options. Meanwhile the 1.9.5 italics bug for non-Kobo epubs has been fixed, it just has not been released.

If you want to downgrade to 1.9.4, a forum member has listed the steps here. To downgrade, you will also need a copy of the 1.9.4 firmware. Another forum member mentions a source here. You could also ask the Kobo HelpDesk whether they have a copy of the 1.9.4 firmware.

Finally, is not recommended that you revert to a previous version of the firmware because of problems you might run into, loss of the 1.9.5 enhancements and the time needed to reload your content.

Last edited by Joe563; 07-08-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote