Thread: UK libraries
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #44
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I'm not sure if the Sony is the same but books on my Kobo can no longer be opened once they "expire".
I have read that there is a possible work around if you reset the date on your reader back by a day or two to give you time to finish a book. I've never tried this so I don't know if it really works.
If no one else has put the book on hold you can reborrow it within minutes of returning it. That doesn't help if the book is very popular with a huge waiting list.
To be fair to other users I only ever borrow what I am ready to read within the next few days and return books as soon as I finish. Of course when you put books on hold you have to borrow them when they become available or lose your hold so sometimes you do end up with more than you can read within the time limit.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote