View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Before I had asked about the battery replacement on MR, I had emailed Endless Ideas about that. Today they answered me: the battery is NOT user replaceable, and must be replaced by an authorized dealer.

It looks like I'll be waiting to upgrade my BB One until something comes along with user replaceable battery - I don't think having to wait for weeks for replacement is exactly what I'm looking for.

Perhaps by opening the entire case, thus voiding warranty, one might replace the battery??
Bob
You have an user-replaceable battery and an user-replaceable battery.

Some devices do have a battery but are locked in completely. You must about completely demolish the device before you can get it.

Others have a non-user-replaceable battery that can still be replaced without too much trouble. It often requires you to open the case, which might require some small screwdrives. This will often "void" the the warranty, true. But by the time you're thinking about replacing it, the warranty most likely will just be over anyway (at least, that's my experience! no matter how long the warranty is...). But the battery will be easily visible and removed.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote