View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Given that I have just been into the guts of the search stuff
This was in the back of my mind. You've got to be familiar with this part of the code after doing the regex search and exact match coding. Seriously, it wasn't that I had a burning desire for this capability, I just thought it was implemented already and that I didn't know the command syntax.

I'm out of the hospital and back at work full time, so my development time is very limited. I'm not a programmer, just a interested amateur who likes adding features to a worthy project. I sometimes suspect my amateur efforts take Kovid more time than to fix than if he wrote from scratch.

Feel free to add the bug ticket and take this on if you think it's worthwhile. I hesitate to do it, as I don't want to make requests unless I really want the feature, and when I really want it, I feel obligated to do it myself. Why ask someone else to do work I'm not willing to do myself?

After my merge code gets added (or rejected) I'll choose another project to do. Perhaps it will be this, but I suspect it will be something more closely related to the Add record code and merge code that I've become familiar with.

Of course, if you want me to add the ticket for this feature, I'll be happy to do that, but only if you think it's worthwhile and you want to tackle it. If you have any other project that is of more interest, tackle that one first. (I like your proposed variable content tag project a lot, it's more interesting than this one, and I know it's a big one).

I hope you liked my whitewash quote - after all - this is an ebook forum and a quoting a bit of a classic struck me as appropriate.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote