View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #22
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I hate fiction that is internally inconsistent.

It doesn't really matter what the subject matter is. E.g., historical novels shouldn't have glaring anachronisms.
I think that's the key: internal consistency.

There's nothing wrong with implausible stuff, so long as the writer has explained why it is so despite the apparent implausibility.

But I hate feeling smarter than the writer.

If I figured it out, he/she should also have. It seems pointless to read something written by somebody who is clearly intellectually duller than I... hell, what if I catch what they have?

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote