View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornmw View Post
I was lucky to get it for 179$ on Frys yesterday.
And I've browsed most of this site trying to compare jetBook to PRS-505, and noticed that there were forums devoted specifically to PRS-505 apps development, customized firmware etc.
I'm sure that jetBook is as hackable as 505 since it is Linux-based too, but I couldn't find a related forum neither on this site nor in Internet...
One reason may be that the Jetbook mostly reads .txt and FB2 formats.. and there is software for those formats rather than for the specific reader. I have not seen any hacks to the Jetbook... probably because it isn't as popular as some of the other ones discussed here.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote