View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #32
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Bornmw,
As of yet, there is no dedicated Jetbook forum. I think part of the reason is that the moderators are planning a re-org of the forums and the other is that there are only a few of us yet who have Jetbooks.

I haven't done much in the way of hacking on my Jetbook. I will say that I have generally used PDFs to read newer books. I only read DRM free books, so what I normally do is obtain a .lit version of the book, convert it to html using Calibre's lit2oeb script and then use prince to convert the book to a pdf that is properly sized for the 5" screen of the reader. The whole thing takes maybe 5 minutes; less if there are no images that need to be adjusted (Prince seems to resize images for width of the page but not for the height (at least on the Mac)).

In Q1 2009, Ectaco is planning on releasing support for Mobi and ePub.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote