View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #332
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I have to click on each one to find out if I've read them before, if they're part of a series I decided not to read, or whatever. Just seeing the cover doesn't usually help me - I don't have a very good memory for titles.

When they had the brief description visible while browsing, I could easily recognize books I'd already read, series I'd decided not to read, etc., and quickly move on.
All of that really was the beauty of the old design and made browsing both easy and fun.

Last night I was looking up series by author and trying to do it at BPL was so frustrating! Here's the difference...

Classic View (with title, author, series, series number, availability, brief synopsis, etc.).

With BPL's new design, all I'm able to see is the author, title and book cover -- no series info or series number, no brief description or availability info.

Too much clicking with NextGen!!!!

It's exhausting!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68u4x4.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	99942   Click image for larger version

Name:	1h4dp0.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	99943