Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #119
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I updated one of Kobo readers (there are 3 in my household), and the reader side seems functional (no extensive testing).

However, update of Kobo desktop app running under Wine was not successful. The Kobo desktop application is not recognizing the reader (winecfg set to "Floppy drive" for that device), the app fails to sync with Kobo servers. I tried to reinstall, the version available on Kobo server is still the old one and attempts an update to 3.0 on first run.

Has anyone found a way to run new desktop app version under the Wine?
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote