Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #112
lar3ry
Enthusiast
lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo WiFi and Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kianryan View Post
Under a kepub, Palatine displays and behaves fine.
Under a epub, the hinting disappears completely and the font is unreadable.

The irony is that the font appears perfectly fine when displayed in the font selection drop down on the epub. The problem occurs once its selected and applied.

There also appears to be some discrepancy with the application of stock fonts as well between kobo epubs and regular epubs. I've tried this with a range of epubs from various sources.

I've a feeling this will have something to do with the style formatting in the kobo epubs and its interaction with the new font-rendering, but I've not got a whole lot to go on bar my gut.
That's worth checking out. I am probably being overly paranoid when I think that the differences between kepubs and epubs are just another ploy to encourage book purchases from Kobo. They wouldn't do that, would they?

Naw...

Hmmm.
lar3ry is offline   Reply With Quote