Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #107
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
Could you please elaborate? How do you do this as everything I try to do, requires me to connect to a computer before I can do anything.
You'll have to set the device up completely once. After that, you can install the older firmware as described in the post that gets linked all over the place. Grab the firmware file, connect your Kobo to the computer without the desktop software running, unzip the firmware file to the .kobo directory on your Kobo, dismount and unplug.

Quote:
Again, how? The books on Kobo's site are all Adobe DRM so I can open them in Digital Editions but then what? If I try to download directly from Kobo, I get an acsm file which is just the license file. Is there some other software that will let me get hold of the file so I can put it on a card in order to side load it (I am assuming that is what you mean when you say "side load")?
Close the Kobo desktop software. Connect your Kobo to the computer. Open the .ascm file in Adobe Digital Editions. Drag and drop the book within ADE to your Kobo (ie, grab it by left-clicking and holding with your mouse, drag it over the Kobo entry in the left pane, making sure the entry gets highlighted, then release your mouse button). Dismount and unplug (in that order) the Kobo. Enjoy.

Last edited by JD Gumby; 07-11-2012 at 08:15 AM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote