View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan G View Post
My NT uses 608 according to /sys/class/graphics/fb0/stride and virtual_size gives 608,4480.

Neither does my NT, it doesn't have /proc/eink_fb at all. I can't yet try the ioctl.

How do you get these? And is there a simple test program for the framebuffer update ioctl?
Even the old kindle has the "eips" command. "eips -i" shows information about the framebuffer. "eips -g" will display images on the screen. "eips <x> <y> 'text'" will display text.

What I have been doing to update the display (even in C programs) is "eips ''" (that is two single-quotes following eips).

As I understand it, there is a different ioctl call to use with the new kindles, but it did not work for me -- I plan to replace the system("eips ''"); calls with ioctl calls "some day"...

And eips even works on kindle 3 and kindle DX, so it is "more portable" than ioctl calls or /proc/. It is easy to use eips in scripts as well...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote