View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I'm surprised they haven't gone after that subscription pirate ebook site yet. If anything that's a lot worse than the "come and download everything for free" sites because it's attracting people who are actually prepared to pay for them. Same goes for the people selling second hand ebooks on Ebay.
secondhand books!? i hope those thieves get shut down, just like all the thieves reading books in the public library for free. people are just supposed to know that they'll love something and confidently plunk down their $30.

i've already ripped up my vacation photos, i don't want to be accused of stealing tourism dollars one day because i posted the pics on my facebook. why should your eyeballs get a free peek of the world's wonders? buy a plane ticket, thief.

how far do we want to go with this piracy stuff because it literally can get down to my facetious photo scenario. maybe i should stop posting reviews too, my 1 star reviews of books that aren't fit for toilet paper are stealing food right out of authors mouths!

i'm being totally flippant but i can't help it. the whole 'blame piracy,not our business models stuck in the 1800s' approach of publishers just lends itself to lulz.

you have a good point with 'paid' sites. it seems to me that they should be the first targets because the operators are directly profiting from the swindle.

Last edited by xg4bx; 02-16-2012 at 05:29 PM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote