View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #18
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Here is the review I left:

1.0 out of 5 stars: Dark and Blotchy screen, October 10, 2012

By C. Jack Swinden "W5JCK" (Arlington, TX)

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Electronics)

The screen on my first Kindle Paperwhite was terrible. It had a dark blue green hue with large areas of shadows and blotches and blobs of green and pink. The text did not render consistently as some looked bold and some letters looked washed out. I could not read on it because it was so bad. I got a replacement sent to me and at first it was much better. But after a few days the screen has become shadowy and blotchy much like the first one did. It is slightly better, but not by much. Judging from all the negative posts I've seen on some forums, there are large numbers of the Kindle Paperwhite being returned due to screen defects. I think Amazon's quality control on the Kindle Paperwhite is really bad.

I will say that I've owned seven Kindles prior to the Kindle Paperwhite and this is the first time I've seen problems like this. Kindle Customer Service has been really nice, but too many units seem to be bad. I cannot recommend this product.
jswinden, I thought you were happy with your replacement?

A lot of the earlier one star reviews were mad about lack of headphone jack.

I think reviews are a tricky thing....are basing your review on what you think it should have but doesn't (headphone jack), are you reviewing based on a defective unit?

Not only that, the squeaky wheel gets the oil right? People are more likely to write a bad review when upset, as opposed to a good review when content.

I love my Kindle PW, easily the best Kindle yet IMHO and yet I didn't write a review....so I guess that makes me part of the problem.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote