View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #10
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashby View Post
I ran the python script as outlined above on my kindle 3. It generated collections and sorted my books as it was supposed to, but now when I sort by "Most Recent First" the sort order appears in reverse order. The most recently read book shows up last. Did the script do this or is it something with my kindle? Thanks in advance!
The script only sorts collections, not books. However, I have noticed that sometimes the kindle loses track of what the current date is, which can result in it putting the wrong date on books when you read them, with the effect that you describe (i.e. most recently accessed books appear last in the list, rather than first).

I've raised this with Amazon, and apparently the date/time isn't properly maintained by the kindle but instead is synced via "whispernet". Which is insane if you ask me: I've seen toothbrushes with built-in clocks which can happily track the date/time without having to connect with a website, so I see no reason why the Kindle should need to.

So: Nothing to do with the script, but a bug/"design flaw" in the Kindle's own code.

Maybe if enough people shout at Amazon about this then they might fix it in a future firmware update.
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote