Thread: Cover Design
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #49
Dusty Bottoms
Banned
Dusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipse

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
The different logos for genres was a good idea. But I like the single brand identity that you have with skull hat guy.

Beyond the Black's colors are kind of drab. I know. I probably should have made a gray bubble or something, but I had enough of a hard time just making the darn orange one that it stuck. The texture on the back was a water texture of a photo of the ocean. The blackish dark colors were there to sort of symbolize that they're under the oceanish. Out of the three I posted, the last one got the most positive reception.I'm sure if I went back and tweaked it some more, it would be completely different. I'm just afraid that the cover may give away the story. Shadow Hunter's not part 2 of the forgotten lands. It's something completely different.

Shadow Hunter is part of my pulpy supernatural noir/detective stories. I've been doing them for years and he's kind of a fan service to myself.

Kind of Harry Dresden with a badge. But, where Harry Dresden is rather socially awkward, Wilfrey is more in your face. He's more like Gabriel Knight with a gun. That's for those of you that remember the old sierra online games

He was my inspiration for the whole series when I was younger.
I spent an inordinate amount of time playing Gabriel Knight Damn, now I'm getting all nostalgic. I'll have to go and play Day of the Tentacle

One of the authors I've been reading lately to get me buzzed for my pulp venture is Leslie Charteris. He invented The Saint character. I used to watch the old George Sanders 'Saint' when I was a little kid, and to this day the Saint's whistle (his signature move) has stuck with me. I found a clip of it on Youtube (if you can get hold of the movies or the original books, they're well worth a watch).

George Sanders as the Saint

Also, Roger Moore played him in the 60's, but I don't think he was anywhere near as good as Sanders.
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote