View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
What is opf, and do I need to keep it?

I've been working on managing my library so when my reader comes in the mail tomorrow, I'll have everything set up on my SD card. I've made a bunch of books using Microsoft Word and saved them in rtf. Previously I just had a few of those (and the first several I made I used WordPad, if that makes any difference), and I just dragged and dropped them onto my reader with the USB. There was no opf file at that time. This past week I've made a whole bunch of rtf files and imported them into calibre. All I did in Calibre is give the books an author, tag, and series name. So tonight when I copied all the books onto my card, the folder is full of opf files, as well. Do I need these files, or can I delete them? I looked in the wiki, and saw that they contain the metadata for epub books, so I'm guessing it's the same thing... but since my other files didn't need them, can I just delete these, as well?

Thanks!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote