View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Really? Not surprising?

I am not in a single category.

"Clearly, users of the current generation of e-readers are highly educated, upscale, and Internet savvy"

A huge raspberry here. I am none of the above.

This article perpetuates the idea that the average person isnt intelligent enough to use them, nor could they afford them if they were.

Its a book reader, people, not rocket science! All thats needed is a desire to read.

Period.
DG, your activity on MR disqualifies you from being non-internet-savvy, and your comment also indicates your above-average intelligence/education As for the household income bit, I can't speak to your specific case, but I think a lot of us here don't fit the bill, especially when you consider what Quantcast has to say about MobileRead demographics!

From http://www.quantcast.com/mobileread.com#demographics

Looks like the survey targeted users from more affluent forums
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote