View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #709
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@twobob
Sorry if I misunderstood something, but isn't cortex-a8 and vfpv3 for Kindle 5? I have a Kindle 3. Did you try running on K3 something compiled with Linaro?

One other thing, on http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/ARM-Options.html they say:
Quote:
-march=name
This specifies the name of the target ARM architecture. GCC uses this name to determine what kind of instructions it can emit when generating assembly code. This option can be used in conjunction with or instead of the -mcpu= option. Permissible names are: `armv2', `armv2a', `armv3', `armv3m', `armv4', `armv4t', `armv5', `armv5t', `armv5e', `armv5te', `armv6', `armv6j', `armv6t2', `armv6z', `armv6zk', `armv6-m', `armv7', `armv7-a', `armv7-r', `armv7-m', `iwmmxt', `iwmmxt2', `ep9312'.

-march=native causes the compiler to auto-detect the architecture of the build computer. At present, this feature is only supported on Linux, and not all architectures are recognized. If the auto-detect is unsuccessful the option has no effect.
Can you really set -march to cortex-a8 or is it a mistake?

I wanted to ask one more thing: both you and NiLuJe use -O2 instead of -O3. Is it wrong to use -O3?

@knc1
Thanks for advice. I'll give it a go as soon as I get home
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote