View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #139
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by han_32 View Post
Thank you, Man Eating Duck! after onea false start (what, noticing your formula had "words" and I had called my column "word) it works perfectly. I am really not fussy about how it truncates, but I really like the information now. I think somehow Kwords is now taking the place of page count for me, I sort of got a mental idea of how long a 10K or 500K book is supposed to be.
Good, happy to help!

A minor correction to the template: The old one didn't round, this one will round to the closest thousand words:
{#word:'re(divide(add($, 500) ,1000),'\..*','k')'}
Ie 9500 -> 10k and 9499 -> 9k. Even nittier pick: Lower case 'k' is kilo, upper case 'K' is Kelvin.

On a side note I'd like a "test template with the following value" field on the "Edit a custom column" dialog, restarting Calibre after every change to check if it works quickly gets old
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote