View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
First output from calibre-debug -d

2nd - I am running Ubuntu on a Mac using Virtualbox. When I connect to the USB port the Sony library software opens up and the device is recognized. However, in Ubuntu the device is a no show. I'm guessing it's the virtual drive that's causing the problem.
Just try this.

- Shutdown Ubuntu.
- Plug in your Sony reader, then load VirtualBox (don't start the Ubuntu install just yet.
- Select your Ubuntu install and on the right hand side of VirtualBox there is the Details section.
- Select USB.
- Select "Add Filter From Device". Should give a list of USB connected devices on your Mac, and then select the Sony reader.
- Start the Ubuntu virtual machine and see if it shows up in Nautilus.

Note** before loading Ubuntu you may wish to shutdown the Sony software that loads on the Mac when the unit is plugged in.

Best of luck.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote