View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #1256
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Well ok, you actually might have a small chance of repairing it without a serial cable, but you'll have to experiment quite a bit.

See post #728 of this thread for something that can directly boot you into fastboot mode. Then, you could (probably) overwrite the u-boot bist with the one I posted in #725. Check a few posts before and after these, too, to see what the discussion is all about.

... assuming that that the missing/damaged u-boot bist actually is the cause of your problems.

All the tools that you need (imx_usb_loader, fastboot etc.) are already contained in the Kubrick image, but you'll have to manually use them. (You can use Alt+F2 to switch to an interactive console).

Otherwise, search for the tools on the forum, and try to get them to work on Windows. (BTW, one reason for writing Kubrick was precisely that an incredible amount of people had problems getting mfgtool to run properly on Windows )
I have that in my imx_usb_loader on github.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote