View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
How likely are firmware updates for the 505 and the 700?

How much ought we expect from them, based on past updates?
I think it depends on what's Sony after this time. I cannot see what would they put into the PRS-505 firmware update. Unless they added some new functionality and some fixes to EPUB reader, what? I don't believe they need a FW update to make it compatible with Mac. So, my vote goes against a PRS-505 FW update.

PRS-700 update is absolutely feasible, as it could make it a clone of PRS-600, only with a light. It seems that the two are compatible in all aspects of hardware (other than the light, which in PRS-700 has no connection to firmware anyway). So, they could make a parting present to the poor PRS-700 owners - give them the scribble notes and dictionary lookup capability, and perhaps a free dictionary to download via Sony eBook Store as well...

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by porkupan; 08-10-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: some grammar
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote