View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Incidently, then Nobel-comitee who chooses the winners are considered a big joke here in sweden. Especially for the Literture prize winner. They go out of their way to find the most obscure writer they can find that the majority of readers have never heard of and give them the prize.
Googling a list of prize winners; I'd say about 50% were unknown to me - which is probably fair enough considering it's a global award.

What used to bug me was that many awards seemed to be motivated by political considerations rather than literary ones (but I actually think there's less of that now).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote