Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #87
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
• Feb 24 – 3:00 pm 100%
• Feb 25 – 3:00 pm 54%

I'm going to try a couple of power cycles, but given the above rates, it shouldn't take me long.
Very disappointing indeed

I can't help notice though, it's a 24 hour sleep, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
About the only thing is the length of time for the sleeping. The longest was about 10 hours. There might be something happening with longer times. Maybe the device wakes and does something after 12 or 24 hours.
I think davidfor made a very interesting point. I've seen no (or some) battery drain a couple of times when I had the Glo sleeping but checked its battery within 10 hours. So maybe it's a valid point... something going on after a certain amount of hours in sleep – which is in the firmware for the newer devices. This would explain perfect battery life for older devices ("old"/other firmware), and it would also explain why only some of us with newer devices are seeing the battery troubles (not everyone sleeps their device >10 hours).

Have you tried checking at more regular intervals? If I were you I'd try every 8 or so hours at least during your next battery cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
If Sameer, or anyone from Kobo wants to IM me, I'd be glad to send you this thing, on my dime.
PM him yourself! That's how I got some attention
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote