View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #55
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerzrock View Post
... Will have to research a different way to flash the good Diags files being the one I flashed to it keeps getting me black screen every time I try going to Diags to copy the other files over. ...
Huh? What K4 diags files did you flash? The K4 already has SSH preinstalled (even the K4 demos). Mine is working fine and I did not change the diags kernel or partition.

I only used fastboot to flash the main kernel, and diags ssh to dd the main partition, and then it worked as a normal kindle. I had to manually remove the screensaver hack before I could update to 4.1.0 firmware, but now all is well, and even after registering it still has no Special Offers. I currently have only ten of my kindles registered to my amazon account, including this one.

Did you *really* flash something on top of the diags partition? If so, what? Perhaps that is why your diags does not work anymore. You need to flash a good diags partition, such as what originally came on it. I backed mine up completely before doing anything to it, so I can make mine a demo unit again if I so choose.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote