View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 07:04 AM   #39
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
OK, time for a suggestion everyone will burn down straight away

I needed some kind of text changed in 50+ chapters (it was some navigational code in a bunch of HTML-files which I was converting to an epub-book). So I took a deep breath, googled a bit, read a bit and wrote my first regular expression. Using Search&Replace in jEdit. And it was really easy (I must admit, though, that I have been a software engineer for 15 years).

So here is another scripting alternative for Sigil: Global Search&Replace with support for regular expressions! It should be quite easy to implement in Sigil (there are lots of regex libraries with well-defined API's) and I think it will take care of 99% of my scripting needs...

Anyone in favor of this option?

If you're unsure, check out this tutorial for regular expressions
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote