View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #173
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I put the current category into all tooltips. What this means is that when looking at items in a user category, you will see that user category name for all items. You will not see the custom category the item comes from. This seems reasonable to me, but I can already hear the requests to have both names there.

I also added a 'collapse button' where you suggested. I didn't add an 'expand button'. It didn't seem worth the trouble and real estate.
Thanks chaley, that tooltip sounds great. Agree with you on the expand button - I couldn't think of a use case for it. The only situation you "might" want one would be when you fo a seach using the *foo filter syntax but that is still a rare occurrence to not justify losing more screen real estate imho.

The last comment I would have about that expand button is whether its function should actually be similar to the "reset search" button next to the search bar for the books. In that it both collapses the tree and clears the find text. I'm ok with it either way but just raising it for consideration if you had not already.