View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #39
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Well, we shouldn't forget that iRex was mainly focused on business customers until 2009. Yes, they sold their devices to end customers too but it wasn't their main business segment.
At least they don't stop telling us this. Form my experience with them (tried to bring them in contact with an very interesting e-learning institute) and by the fact that they got very little attention even in the netherlands themselves i would say they maybe were also poor in this business.

They messed it so badly up with the e-learning institute in the way of communication and business behavior

My personal impression is/was they would like to build up the picture of them beeing a big player in b2b and beeing very generous to give us the end consumer their high end business products.
But in the end i think we, the very first adaptors, helped them out in a financial way by preordering and paying the first waves of iLeads.

Maybe i am wrong but their good sounding press releases about newspaper launch tests or ilead's replacing school books projects were never followed by news documentating their "big success"
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote