View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
It's one thing to simply remove an item from the Kindle store if a publisher changes their mind about selling kindle versions, but it's another thing entirely to delete all copies that were sold.

At the time they were bought, they had an agreement to sell them. They were legal copies, in every way. Just because someone changes their mind about how they are distributed, does NOT mean that all copies that were sold are removed from legitimate purchases.

Illegal Ayn Rand books are one thing, simple changes of mind are something totally different.

Amazon stepped WAY out of line on this one.
I have to agree. There for a while I wanted a Kindle to go with my EZ reader. I thought it'd be the best of both worlds, so to speak...Access to Amazon's selection but (unless the files were Topaz) able to be read on either device (after some not to be mentioned tinkering). All the talk about Amazon disabling access to ebooks people had bought, removing content from Kindles via Whispernet, etc. has changed my mind. Yes, I'd still like to have access to Amazon's selection, there are things there you can't get anywhere else (Like the Stephen Lawhead Robin Hood trilogy). But it's simply not worth it to me to take that kind of risk. Once I buy it, it's mine. You don't get to come to my house without an invitation and take it back. Neither do you get to access my device without permission and delete it.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote