View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 04:25 AM   #51
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcd View Post
Im getting all kinds of ideas like matching the actual book/magazine font to the ebook font..

Caecilia sounds nice but expensive (above $100?!)
True, it's quite expensive (not $100, €24) ; myself, I happened to have it already on an Adobe fonts CD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcd View Post
Perpetua and book antiquita are nice for a change (most people have it already installed).

Maybe the process of typing up the CSS could be replaced by a calibre GUI?
If you input the needed CSS in the default conversion options (Set default for conversion / Look & Feel), then you won't need to type it more than once...

However, I happened to have books already in ePub format, which I didn't want Calibre to mess with (I didn't want to loose whatever special formatting the editor used) ; in this case there is no easy way but to edit the ePub file directly, inserting the code into a CSS file.

FWIW, here is the code I use (the font files are stored in a /fonts directory on my PRS-505) :

Code:
@font-face {font-family: "Caecilia";font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Roman.otf);}
@font-face {font-family: "Caecilia";font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Bold.otf);}
@font-face {font-family: "Caecilia";font-weight: bold;font-style: italic;src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-BoldItalic.otf);}
@font-face {font-family: "Caecilia";font-weight: normal;font-style: italic;src: url(res:///Data/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Italic.otf);}

body {
    font-family: "Caecilia", serif;
    font-size:0.9em;
   }
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote