Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #277
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironflute View Post
I have a Windows machine at home, where I've done most of my troubleshooting. I brought it to work with me today and had the same issues with Mac. The problems are platform-agnostic, definitely.
That is what I expected but good to have it confirmed
Quote:
It's listed as a supported format on the box and on the Kobo product page, so I expect to be able to use them. I've got over 2000 mobi files in my library. I'd rather not have to bulk convert them all. That's not a solution, that's a workaround. But I will if I have to... *sigh*
My success with mobi files have been mixed. I haven't tried that many, but some work perfectly and some are dismal failures. I haven't had the problems you are seeing. I think part of the problem is what is inside the file. My guess is that the older formats work OK, but the newer ones don't.

I'd be curious to see a few that seem to be causing the problems. If that would be OK, send me a PM to work out the details.
Quote:
I do a factory reset between each attempt to figure out what's going on. Yeah, I know its like a 30 minute process. I'm just that thorough. I know what I'm doing
You could have just logged out of the device. That creates a fresh database without anything in it. But, you would need to removed the troublesome sideloaded books first or they will just get added again.
Quote:
Yeah I'm not about to get rid of it yet. When I get home in about 15 minutes, I'm going to try overloading it with epubs and see if I can get it to crash (no mobi's at all). That'll tell me if mobi are the problem.
If that's the case, I know what my CPUs are doing all day tomorrow... and for the next 36 hours probably
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironflute View Post
Ok I can't get it to crash now with just PDF's, ePub's, CBR/CBZ's, and some RTF's. It *definitely* is the Mobi files.
I've even tried loading it down with about 350 books on first the internal memory and then the MicroSD card. No problems.
Now I know.
That good. I have an SD card with about 500 PDF and ePubs I use for testing. Apart from the time it takes to load them when the card is first put in, it works fine.
Quote:
Time to batch convert 2486 files. O_O
Personally, I wouldn't do the bulk conversion. I would do them in smaller batches as I wanted to read them. At the very least do a few singly to work out what options you want to use.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote