View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
obarz,

I'm not too worried about the way most "decently" formatted ebooks look these days. That being said, there are too many ebooks that aren't decently formatted. There are major inconsistencies within a single publisher and even within a single series of books. Some standards would be nice, though I doubt we can do much to improve the industry as a whole. Like many businesses in this slowly improving economy, many publishers are focused on the bottom line and are laying off whole ebook departments, if they ever existed at all, and farming this work out to the lowest bidders (at least this is what I'm hearing). This shows through in many ebooks.

While I certainly don't consider myself a "conversion techie", I have picked up a few skills. In the process of converting ebooks from one format or another for use on my Kindle, I have become fairly proficient with Sigl and Calibre and have started to create my own set of standards for ebooks I own. I'd be interested in helping you in any way that I might be able to.

Feel free to send me a private message and let me know if I can be of service.

Good luck.

- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote