View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #46
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littermate View Post
Just to expand on my previous comment a little. Mostly Harmless.

HHGTTG is something that I find myself utterly unable to be objective about. It is ingrained into my psyche as deeply as any other formative experience from my childhood and teen years. I can quote whole sections of the thing almost verbatim, along with Monty Python and Faulty Towers. I woke one Sunday morning in bed and switched on the radio and found the very first episode of the very first radio series just about to begin. I was there at the beginning. I had never heard anything like it, ever, and I lay in bed laughing so much my mother banged on the wall. (I wish I'd listened to my mother - Why, what did she say? - I don't know; I didn't listen!) I bought the LP's, read the books, missed the TV shows because I was going to night classes, hated the movie, then started all over again back at the radio shows, over and again.

It was a phenomenon and I am glad I was there at its start because no one now will ever get it quite the same way they would have got it back then. Better than digital watches!
I think your experiences would be mirrored by anyone, with a sense of humour, in their late 40's or 50's. I honestly don't think I know a person who hasn't read HHGTTG, well yes perhaps I should get out more, but it's true, everyone of my friends has read it and everyone of them hated the movie.

Last edited by Mortis; 01-24-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typo
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote