View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Question Experimental FBReader v0.12.10 port

UPDATE 2010/12/04 17:10 -> new version v1, now fully features comparable to Mackx's v0.10.7 port

Sources in: https://bitbucket.org/inigoserna/fbreader-dr-0.12.x

Hi there,

during this crazy sleepless night I've been doing some silly things... like compiling last version of FBReader - v0.12.10 - for DR devices.

Unlike my past experiments with v0.12.7, this newer version works ok, being as fast as v0.10.7 port, both in emulator and in my DR800.

Could you please test this on your devices, specially on a DR1000?

Beware that you should backup your v0.10.7 configuration directory before (<SD_CARD>/Programs/_config/.FBReader) in order to return to your normal v0.10.7 version after these tests, as configuration is upgraded, so changed and incompatible with v0.10.x.

I've also noted that some keyshorcuts (long left, long right) must be configured again.

Note this is just a plain compilation of original sources, using Mackx's way, but without additional code (no Mackx's DR tabs support).
Thus, the only changes are:
- configuration directory
- DR port toolbar, with some new icons

If this port works, I think we (me, Mackx ;-)... anyone?) could add the DR "touch":
- make it compatible with tabs
- use system menu:
. toggle fullscreen
. rotate screen
. close doc
. increase font size
. decrease font size
. open preferences dialog
. search word
. go to page

I feel the same speed of v0.10.7 port, with no problems by now, but remember I haven't used it extensively.

I expect your comments,
Iņigo
Attached Files
File Type: gz FBReader-0.12.10-dr-v1.tar.gz (1.85 MB, 413 views)

Last edited by Iņigo; 12-04-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote